What can I do to pursue a felony warrant?
Under federal and Michigan Law, failing to pay child support may be a felony criminal offense. The Friend of the Court does not have the authority to bring felony charges. Federal charges are filed and prosecuted by the United States Attorney General’s Office. Their contact information is:
G. Mennen Williams Building
7th Floor, 525 W Ottawa Street
P.O. Box 30212
Lansing, MI 48909

Their numbers are 517-373-1110 or 877-765-8388.

Show All Answers

1. What can I do to pursue a felony warrant?
2. I want to take my children and move out of state for a new job. What must I do?
3. Can the Friend of the Court assist parties in reaching an agreement regarding custody?
4. Will the Friend of the Court make sure that child support money is spent on the children?
5. Why won’t the Friend of the Court enforce what the judge said in court, even if it’s not in the written order?
6. May I see my child’s school, medical and other records if my child lives with the other parent?
7. How do I file a complaint against the Friend of the Court?