Who is currently eligible for a vaccine?
As of 3/1/21, the following groups are eligible to schedule a vaccine:
- Health care workers and long term care facility staff/residents (Phase 1A - all priorities/groups)
- People 65 years old or older (Phase 1B Group A & Phase 1C Group A)
- Some frontline essential workers with frequent or ongoing exposure as part of their work (Phase 1B Group B) This includes first responders, police officers, jail and prison staff, pre-K-12 teachers, and childcare providers
As of March 1, 2021, the following group is now eligible for a vaccine
- Food processing and agricultural workers (these workers are included in Phase 1B Group C - they are the only workers within that category that are currently eligible)
- Michiganders age 50 and older with medical conditions or disabilities and caregiver family members and guardians who care for children with special health care needs.
- Vaccine eligibility will again expand to include all Michiganders 50 and older.
Those not included in the groups above are not eligible for vaccination yet. For the most up to date information on the groups eligible for vaccine, check out the Michigan Coronavirus Vaccine Guidance Page.
The Online Vaccine Interest Survey will allow you to sign up and let you know what category you fall in based on a series of questions if you are not sure of what priority group you fall in. You are encouraged to retake the interest survey if you did not indicate your age was 50 - 64, if you have medical conditions or disabilities or if you are caregiver for a family member or guardian for a child with special health care needs.
New Online Vaccine Interest Survey
A New Online Survey for individuals and businesses has been developed to help you determine what priority group you fall in and to submit your information for pre-registering when your Priority Group is available for vaccination. The Vaccine Interest Survey Link is:https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6131215/COVIDVACJACKSON
Smartphone / Mobile device users can also use the Survey QR Code
COVID-19 Vaccine News Flyer
A Covid Vaccine 3 question flyer has been developed to help you understand your options regarding the following three questions.
1. Am I elligible?
2. Where do I go?
3. How do I sign up?
Click here to download the flyer.
If you have questions about the COVID vaccine, check out this Frequently Asked Questions Page developed by our COVID Response Team.
Jackson County COVID Vaccine TIMELINE
The Jackson County Health Department wants to keep you informed of our progress regarding vaccine progress through the priority groups. A barometer has been developed to give you a pictorial view of where we are currently in the process. The number of vaccines our COVID Response and Vaccination Team can deliver is dependent on the amount of vaccine supply we have available. This timeline / barometer will be updated weekly (current post is as of 3/2/2021) or as vaccines are distributed through priority groups.
Priority Group Information
Information about the groups given priority to receive COVID-19 vaccine. Jackson's strategy is based on the Michigan Prioritization Guidance available at:
Vaccine Strategy Progress Report: The Jackson County Health Department is continuing to use our weekly allocation of vaccine to provide to those in Phase 1A, critical infrastructure workers in Phase 1B, and a small number of those 65 and older. Vaccine supply is still limited and we are not yet able to offer it to everyone who is eligible. No open scheduling system is currently available through the Jackson County Health Department. Updates about vaccine scheduling will be available on our COVID vaccine information line at 517-817-4469.
The health department is coordinating vaccine activities with Henry Ford Allegiance Health. Information is available regarding their procedures at https://www.henryford.com/coronavirus/vaccine-faqs
If you are a healthcare worker in Phase 1A that we have not contacted, you can email JCHDCOVID@mijackson.org or give us a call at 788-4420 opt. 9 and provide your name, email address, phone #, and a brief description of your healthcare role.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Page
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 Vaccine Plan
- COVID-19 Vaccine Prioritization Guidance
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard
- Immunizations During COVID-19
- Provider Guidance & Education
- Flu Vaccine
- COVID Vaccine Talking Points (PDF)
- How MRNA Vaccines Work?