Victims Rights

Information For All Crime Victims

  1. If you would like to be notified of an arrest in your case or the release of the person arrested or both, you should call the Jackson County Office of the Sheriff and inform them.
  2. If you are not notified of an arrest in your case, you may call the Jackson County Office of the Sheriff for the status of the case.
  3. A person who was arrested may be released on bond or some other form of release and you should not rely upon an arrest as a guarantee of safety.
  4. You can contact Jackson County Prosecutor's Office to obtain information about victim's rights.
  5. You may be eligible for crime victim's compensation benefits. To apply, fill out an application available from the Crime Victim Service Commission at 517-373-7373.

Michigan Vine System

The Michigan Vine system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and email notification when the offender's custody status changes. The Vine toll-free number for the Michigan Vine system is 800-770-7657. This service is provided to assist Victims of Crime who have a right to know about their offender's custody status.
Access the Vine Site.
Victims Rights Faces and Banner